Outdoor Lighting Perspectives (OLP) is the world’s largest full-service outdoor lighting company. Running an OLP business is a tremendous opportunity to pursue your personal career, lifestyle, wealth and income objectives. With over 15yrs of experience and 100,000 installations, we know what it takes to train and coach you to be a successful OLP operator. Plus, Veterans get 15% off the initial franchise fee.
Build an exciting future making your community a more beautiful, safer place with your very own outdoor illumination franchise business.
Trying to figure out what's next in your life and career? Wanting to fulfill your personal, business, family and financial goals in a way that will add joy and satisfaction to your life?
We should talk. We're Outdoor Lighting Perspectives (OLP).
Founded in the early 1990s, our outdoor lighting franchise system has been providing our clients with stunning, energy-efficient custom lighting designs for homes, businesses and the holidays. It's actually three businesses in one: Residential Landscape Lighting, Commercial Lighting and Holiday Lighting.
Why Choose Outdoor Lighting Perspectives?
There are many great reasons why our franchisees decided to invest in an OLP franchise to pursue their personal and business goals:
- High personal satisfaction: For many of our franchisees, running an OLP business is a dream job. You can have an in-home office. Your schedule is flexible and completely under your control. You get to interact with appreciative clients and positively impact their family's lifestyle and security. You can spend time outdoors. You can exercise your creativity and see the tangible results of your efforts with every amazing illumination plan you design, install and service. Most importantly, you gain full control of your future and will directly enjoy the fruits of your hard work as you build the business using our brand and proven business model.
- Proven sales process: From nighttime demonstrations to daytime consults, our sales process is proven to impress your customers and will clearly differentiate you from any competitors.Our incredibly strong closing ratio prove this year after year.
- Low overhead costs: You won't need a storefront, as most customer prospects will contact you via the web or by phone. And as unparalleled customer service is our mantra and is built into our business model at multiple touch points, you will visit with the customer at their home or place of business.
- Strong financial picture: An OLP requires a relatively modest amount of start-up capital. Your initial start-up costs generally are approximately between $54,000 and $110,000, including the franchise fee, for a standard territory or only $29,000 to $52,000 if the business is being added-on to an existing business. And yet, OLP gross profit margins are extremely attractive, with an average of 56% across the franchise system on our median sale per project of $3,310 and median price per fixture of $251.
An ideal candidate enjoys meeting and working with new customers, has a strong commitment to service and enjoys creative and/or visual thinking. Sales and marketing skills are a plus but not mandatory due to our extensive training program. Other essential ingredients of a successful franchise owner include:
- Man or woman, could be a husband and wife team
- 35-50 years of age
- College educated, usually with a four-year degree
- Background in business management, customer service, high-end premium retail, marketing or sales are preferred;
- Evidence of leadership success in career and/or community, ideally with hiring and firing responsibility and budget unit P&L responsibility
- Project management experience preferred
- Net worth of at least $200K with minimum $80K of available liquid capital and the ability to secure funding for the full investment required of between $80K to $100K
- Strong desire to build and manage a strong business versus a "boutique business" or "sole proprietorship"
- Above average acumen, skill and comfort with computers and technology
- Creative and/or interested in design and/or architecture would be a plus
- Often a "corporate refugee" seeking increased control and financial independence
- Motivated by an environment of not being trapped in an office or retail store
- Very motivated to be own boss and have control over schedule
- Understands and is comfortable with the ideal of relationship building to develop long-term trade alliance partners in the local market
- Flexibility to learn to sell to residential clients, including via nighttime demos, and through a long-term, technical sales cycle required for commercial accounts